FEMALE BOMBER KILLS 6 IN NIGERIA, GIRL WITH EXPLOSIVES HELD

A female suicide bomber killed six people at a college campus in Nigeria's Kano city on Wednesday, the fourth time Boko Haram Islamists were suspected of using a female attacker in as many days.
The latest violence came as the government announced the arrest of a 10-year-old girl with explosives strapped to her chest in a neighbouring area.
Boko Haram is blamed for killing more than 10,000 people since 2009, and their extreme tactics have been denounced worldwide, including on some jihadi websites.
But what appears to be a new tactic of deploying young women and girls as bombers will spur further outrage as Nigeria seems unable to contain the violence.
At about 2:30 pm (1330 GMT) on Wednesday, an assailant blew herself up at a noticeboard on the campus of the Kano Polytechnic College while students were crowded around it.
Witness Isyaku Adamu said the explosion came from within the crush of students and left blood splattered on the ground, as soldiers and police scrambled to secure the area.
Government spokesman Mike Omeri put the casualties at six dead and six wounded and confirmed that a female, whose age was not immediately known, was responsible for the bloodshed.
It was the fourth attack by a female bomber in Nigeria's second city since the weekend.
On Sunday, a young woman injured five police officers as she blew herself up at a another campus in the city.
The next day, two young women believed to be in their late teens or early 20s separately attacked a petrol station and a shopping centre, suicide blasts that killed at least three people and injured 13.
Omeri said security forces on Tuesday stopped a car in Kano's neighbouring state of Katsina and arrested three suspected Boko Haram members.
The group included one male and two girls, aged 18 and 10.
The older two tried to flee, according to Omeri's statement.
The "10-year-old ... was discovered to have been strapped with an explosive belt," he said.
National police spokesman Frank Mba said established international "terrorist organisations" use female suicide bombers mainly because "women generally raise fewer suspicions."
The chilling trend of deploying young women and girls as bombers comes three-and-a-half months after Boko Haram kidnapped more than 200 schoolgirls from the remote town of Chibok in the northeast.
Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau boasted about the mass abductions in a video during which he threatened to sell the girls as slaves.
The Chibok abductions prompted a social media campaign that went viral and drew unprecedented global attention to Boko Haram's extremist uprising, which the group says is aimed at creating a strict Islamic state in the mainly Muslim north.
In the weeks following the kidnappings, some prominent jihadi websites had posts condemning the Nigerian group's extreme tactics.
Nigeria has repeatedly insisted that it knows where the girls are, while President Goodluck Jonathan and top military officials have suggested they will be brought home safely soon.
But little progress has been made in securing their release while the violence appears to be escalating across the north and centre of the country.
On Thursday in the capital Abuja, Jonathan is set to launch a fund in support of "all those who have been adversely affected by terrorism and insurgency in the country," a statement from his office said.
He hopes to raise $500 million (370 million euros) over a 12-month period from the private sector and international donors, the statement said.
More than 2,000 civilians have been killed this year, making the first half of 2014 one of the deadliest stretches of the insurgency.
Attacks had been concentrated in the remote northeast, Boko Haram's stronghold, but waves of strikes since April in major cities including Abuja have underscored the grave threat the Islamists pose to Nigeria, Africa's most populous country and top oil producer.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved up to you will obtain carried out right here. The caricature is
attractive, your authored material stylish. nevertheless,
you command get got an impatience over that you would like be turning in the following.
ill for sure come more beforehand again since exactly the similar just about very regularly inside case
you protect this increase.

Anonymous said...

This piece of writing gives clear idea designed for the new visitors of
blogging, that truly how to do blogging.

Anonymous said...

Hello.This post was really remarkable, particularly because I was searching for
thoughts on this topic last Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this article
is awesome, nice written and include approximately all vital infos.
I'd like to look extra posts like this.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization? I'm trying to get my blog to
rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good success.
If you know of any please share. Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

For most recent news you have to pay a quick visit internet
and on internet I found this web page as a finest site for
latest updates.

Anonymous said...

I simply couldn't go away your site prior to suggesting that
I actually loved the standard information an individual supply for your guests?
Is going to be again continuously to investigate cross-check new posts

Anonymous said...

Hi would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're using?
I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a
lot quicker then most. Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a honest price?
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

I think this internet site has very wonderful indited written content
content.

Anonymous said...

I have not checked in here for a while since I thought it was getting boring, but
the last few posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist.
You deserve it my friend :)

Anonymous said...

Outstanding work once again. Thank you=)

Anonymous said...

Appreciation to my father who stated to me regarding this web site, this website is
genuinely remarkable.

Anonymous said...

Loving the info on this web site, you have done great job
on the articles.

Anonymous said...

I've been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love
this blog. Thanks, I will try and check back more frequently.
How frequently you update your site?

Anonymous said...

Awsome post and straight to the point. I am not sure if this is truly the best
place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to get some professional writers?

Thanks in advance :)

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew
of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time
and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy
reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I really believe that this
website needs a lot more attention. I'll probably be returning to read
more, thanks for the advice!

Anonymous said...

Very informative and superb body structure of content, now that's user
genial (:.

Anonymous said...

As I website possessor I believe the content here
is real fantastic, thanks for your efforts.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it's truly informative.
I am going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you
continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from
your writing. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Asking questions are genuinely fastidious thing if you are
not understanding something entirely, however this paragraph gives good understanding yet.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! This post could not be written any better!
Reading through this post reminds me of my old
room mate! He always kept chatting about this.
I will forward this write-up to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read.
Many thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I simply could not leave your website before suggesting that I actually loved the standard information a person supply to
your visitors? Is gonna be back regularly in order to inspect new posts

Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's really informative.
I am going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future.

Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hey I am so grateful I found your webpage, I really found you by mistake, while I was
looking on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for
a incredible post and a all round enjoyable
blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to browse it
all at the moment but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds,
so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the superb job.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to be one of many visitors on this outstanding website (:, thank you for posting.

Anonymous said...

This site is my aspiration, really great design and style and Perfect written content.